1. 87% of businesses now use video as a marketing tool. (This figure has seen a sharp rise from 63% in 2017, and 81% in 2018.)
2. 91% of video marketers consider video an important part of their marketing strategy. That’s an increase from 82% in 2017 and 85% in 2018.
3. 83% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI (up from 78%in 2018.)
4. 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
5. 81% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
6. 41% of marketers say that video has helped them reduce support calls.
7. 96% of people say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
8. 68% of people say they’d most prefer to learn about a new product or service by watching a short video. This makes video more popular as a learning tool than text-based articles (15%), infographics (4%) presentations and pitches (4%) ebooks and manuals (3%).
9. By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017.
10. 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text.
11. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
12. 65% of executives have gone to the marketer’s site and 39% have called them on the phone after watching a marketing video.
13. Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%
14. 73% of B2B marketers say video positively impacts their ROI.
15. 73% of B2B marketers confirm that video has positively impacted marketing and sales results.
There has never been a better time to use video for B2B sales and marketing.
In fact, if any B2B company doesn't start using video, they may fall behind all of their competitors who jumped on the train.
Executives with buying power are the "snap to it" type. They don't want to read a long explainer email about a product, "get to the point" is going through their head. Having a video that delivers the message while being engaging and well-produced keeps that thought out of their head and gets them fully invested in what the video is saying.
You need to arm your sales and marketing teams with video assets that will deliver and clear and crisp message to impinge on executives and B2B decision makers in 2019.
Richter creates video assets for companies like AT&T, IBM, KnowBe4, US Cellular, Netgear, HP, and more. And across the board, video is more successful as the initial point of contact in the sales cycle than writings.
Learn more about how our service can shorten your sales cycle and increase your bottom line - watch the video below: